A tradition of inquiry. A spirit of engagement. The Institute for Christian Studies (ICS) is an accredited, independent graduate school of interdisciplinary philosophy and theology, affiliated with the Toronto School of Theology at the University of Toronto. ICS brings a rich tradition of critical inquiry to the issues shaping our complex world. We are equipping new generations of scholars and leaders to ask the difficult questions and challenge the easy answers. Our Masters and PhD graduates are providing leadership across the globe – in universities, churches and social agencies.
For further information about the Institute for Christian Studies, please visit www.icscanada.edu.
ICS is seeking an experienced and organized individual to fill the role of Manager of Finance on a twelve-month contract. This is a 60% of full-time position. Reporting to the President, the Manager of Finance assists in implementing the mission of ICS, with particular responsibility for the financial aspects of the organization.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the Treasurer, prepare the annual budget with input from stakeholders, including preparation of cash flows and multi-year projections
- Supervise work of contract bookkeeper for ICS and Friends of ICS; monitor income and expenses, including payroll; facilitate and supervise annual financial audit
- Prepare regular financial reports for Finance Committee, Board of Trustees and AGM and attend as requested by the President or Board Chair
- Supervise management of investments and restricted funds
- Manage timely and accurate submission of required financial reports, including annual Charity Return (T3010), tax rebate applications, SSHRC grants, etc.
- Manage annual tax reporting for students, staff and faculty – T4s, T2202s, etc.
- Manage financial processes for student tuition, fees and financial awards; serve on Financial Aid Committee
- Prepare staff and faculty contracts, job descriptions and job postings as needed; manage employee benefits program
- Maintain required reporting for changes in Directors, signing authorities etc.;
- Maintain legal documents such as building lease, copier leases, etc.
- Commitment to ICS mission and readiness to work in a faith-oriented environment
- Appropriate qualifications and experience in finance
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Google Apps (Gmail, Docs) and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a small office environment
Please submit a letter of interest addressed to Dr. Doug Blomberg, President, along with your resume and three references (including contact information) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are due by 28 July 2016 at 5:00 pm EST.
We thank all applicants in advance; only those invited for interviews will be contacted.